Friday, June 26, 2009

Tagging and Folk sonomies

This was a very interesting section. I can see why cataloging is used and is so strict. Tagging is great but what is one persons realistic tag is someone's sense of humor. I have tagged some of my photo's on Flickr but can see I will be in trouble over time as the number of tags I use to organize photos increases and I forget where I put things. I decided not to tag my blog because I'm not sure I want heaps of folk being able to read my musings. While they are not hugely personal they do give away details. I read Michael Connolley's latest book "Scarecrow" and think that the smaller ones electonic footprint the better!!! It is a fictional but probable story of how social networking sites, among others can be used to track a person for evil purposes.

I searched for 'Learning 2.0' and got 383 hits. I looked at a few blogs and there are some very useful teaching points made and suggestions available. It is definitly the way of the future. There are some great possibilities for libraries, where readers can keep lists of what they have read, create unique readers profiles etc. Some of which is already out there. Many media online shopping stores ( amazon, alibris) suggest items to purchase based on previous purchases.

I hope we actually interact personally from time to time as we embrace 'second life'. I don't think coffee tastes as good when you are an avatar. Then again, experimentation is going on with olfactory sensations being emmitted from computers, smell of grass as you walk though a paddock....perhaps taste is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment