Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Well this is a sad state of affairs......no posts for months. I think about lots of things but it all seems a bit overwhelming really. Lately I've been thinking about what are the odds of work still being here in for libraries and in general in the next ten years. Have been reading lots about alternatives to Branch Libraries, funding cuts and Branch library closures around the world not to mention the high Kiwi dollar and the loss of many many jobs in various industries in only the first two months of the year. What I wonder is were we too complacent in thinking we survived the recession and financial crisises which afflicted European countries. Are we just slower at going down the same path and taking a slightly more convoluted route? Is that even the the question I should be asking? The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy comes to mind.......42
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment